PORTUGUESE WAY FROM PORRIÑO – REDUCED GROUPS
5 Stages, 8 days, 7 nights – 1 extra day at Santiago – 120 Km
The Portuguese Way is the route traditionally followed by pilgrims who used to start the Saint James Way from Portugal. After the French Way, is the second busiest route and the best equipped with services.
This route crosses important cities from our neighboring country such as Lisbon and Oporto. Enters Spain through the International Bridge that connects Valença do Minho with Tui. We organize the last 5 stages starting from Porriño and ending at Santiago de Compostela.
As we go through this enchanting route, we will enjoy some of the most popular spots of the area such as the city centre of Pontevedra or Villa de Padrón.
These type of tours leave directly from Madrid. Do you want to join us?
Just ask us if you need any information!
Itinerary and Stages of the Portuguese Way:
- Day 1: group pick up in Madrid and arrival to Porriño.
- Day 2: stage 1, O Porriño – Redondela 17 Km.
- Day 3: stage 2, Redondela – Pontevedra 20 Km.
- Day 4: stage 3, Pontevedra – Caldas de Reis 23 Km.
- Day 5: stage 4, Caldas de Reis – Padrón 18 Km.
- Day 6: stage 5, Padrón – Santiago de Compostela 26Km.
- Day 7: free day at Santiago.
- Day 8: return trip to Madrid.
Total 120 Km. Average per day of 20km.
What do our Reduced Group Tours to the Portuguese Way include?
- Transportation to Porriño and return trip to Madrid included. Group of 6 people minimum.
- Privately owned vehicle used.
- Accomodation in the category chosen.
- First Day Informative meeting.
- Bed and Breakfast.
- Luggage transportation (One suitcase per person per stage).
- Support Vehicle.
- Extra Day at Santiago.
- Travel Insurance.
- Pilgrim Brochure with all the information needed about the trip and spots worth visiting.
- Tour Coordinator (Agency Staff).
- Pilgrim Credential.
Prices for Reduced Group Tours to the Portuguese Way 2021:
1) Private Hostel: 499 € / per person.
Shared room (multiple beds) with shared bathroom.
2) Hotels, Guesthouses, typical Country Houses: 575€ / per person in double room.
Individual Room: 700€
3) Hotels with higher category, pazo (Galician stately House): 725€ / per person in double room.
Individual Room: 910€
Services under extra charge:
- Half Board Pension (6 dinners): 90€ / per person.
- Full Board Pension (6 lunches and 6 dinners): 180€ / per person.
Available Dates for the Portuguese Way from Porriño, 2021:
- From the 27th of february to the 6th of march.
- From the 20th to the 27th of march.
- From the 10th to the 17th of april.
- From the 28th of april to the 5th of may.
- From the 15th to the 22nd of may.
- From the 5th to the 12nd of june.
- From the 19th to the 26th of june.
- From the 9th to the 16th of october.
- From the 23rd to the 30th of october.
- From the 6th to the 13th of november.
Additional Information about the Portuguese Way:
From the border, the Portuguese Way gives us the opportunity to enjoy enchanting forests, trails, rivers, and also spots full of history. We will be seduced by the modernist charm of Porriño and the majesty of Redondela’s viaducts. We will relive the historic battle of Ponte Sampaio near the shores of San Simón cove. Few footsteps forward of the Portuguese Way we will arrive to Pontevedra.
In the capital of the province, we could have a walk through its streets and discover its historic centre, protected by Unesco. An interesting set carved in stone with striking arcaded squares such as Plaza de la Leña, Plaza de la Verdura and the gorgeous Santo Domingo square with Virgen Peregrina Sanctuary.
From the stately Pontevedra we will go to Caldas de Reis, famous for its thermal fountains and spa. From there, to the second from last stage, Padrón.
As a hiking route, the Portuguese Way is not very difficult. You will find beautiful weather (fot its proximity to the coast) and an excellent gastronomy.
Groups of 6 people minimum.