MOZARABIC WAY – REDUCED GROUPS
5 stages, 8 days, 7 nights – 1 extra day at Santiago – 111,2Km
The Mozarabic Way is the route that pilgrims who came from southeast of Spain followed to get to Santiago. After crossing Andalucía, pilgrims connected with the Ruta de la Plata and headed north thorugh the fields of Extremadura and Castilla.
Although is not that busy as the French or Portuguese Way, the Mozarabic Way offers to the pilgrim a very intense contact with nature.
In this case, our organized tour discovers the last 111,20km, starting from Ourense and arriving to Santiago de Compostela, a unique opportunity to enjoy the best spots such as Ourense, Ponte Ulla or the Monastery of Oseira.
These type of tours leave directly from Madrid. Just ask us if you need any information!
Itinerary and Stages of the Mozarabic Way:
- Day 1: group pick up in Madrid and arrival to Ourense.
- Day 2: stage 1, Ourense – San Cristovo de Cea. 22,1 Km
- Day 3: stage 2, San Cristovo de Cea – O Castros de Donzón 20 Km
- Day 4: stage 3, O Castro de Donzón – Silleda 25 Km
- Day 5: stage 4, Silleda – Ponte Ulla 21,6 Km
- Day 6: stage 5, Ponteulla – Santiago de Compostela. 22,5 Km
- Day 7: free day at Santiago.
- Day 8: return trip to Madrid.
Total 111,2 Km. Average of 22,24 Km per day.
What do our Reduced Group Tours to the Mozarabic Way include?
- Transportation to Ourense and return trip to Madrid included. Group of 6 people minimum.
- Privately owned vehicle used.
- Accomodation in the category chosen.
- First Day Informative meeting.
- Bed and Breakfast.
- Luggage transportation (One suitcase per person per stage).
- Support Vehicle.
- Extra Day at Santiago.
- Travel Insurance.
- Pilgrim Brochure with all the information needed about the trip and spots worth visiting.
- Tour Coordinator (Agency Staff).
- Pilgrim Credential.
Prices for Reduced Group Tours to the Mozarabic Way 2021:
1) Private Hostel: 499 € / per person.
Shared room (multiple beds) with shared bathroom.
2) Hotels, Guesthouses, typical Country Houses: 575€ / per person in double room.
Individual Room: 700€
3) Hotels with higher category, pazo (Galician stately House): 725€ / per person in double room.
Individual Room: 910€
Services under extra charge:
- Half Board Pension (6 dinners): 90€ / per person.
- Full Board Pension (6 lunches and 6 dinners): 180€ / per person.
Available Dates for the Mozarabic Way from Ourense, 2021:
- From the 13th to the 20th of june.
- From the 1st to the 8th of july.
- From the 1st to the 8th of august.
Additional Information about the Mozarabic Way:
Today, is one of the most spectacular and peaceful routes. It offers total virgin landscapes and we can also discover spots full of history such as the Monastery of Oseira. From Ourense we walk the minimum distance to obtain the Compostela Credential.
Groups of 6 people minimum.