The French Way is the most popular route of the Saint James Way. It´s normally the most busy route of all, finding many pilgrims on our way to Santiago. The French Way in Spain starts from Roncesvalles and it ends in Galicia. The las 100km of this route is the most popular, starting from Sarria and walking 5 stages.
With this option, you can choose how many nights you want to spend on your trip, the stages you want to walk, category of accomodation and the meals included.
These type of tours leave directly from Madrid. Just ask us if you need any information!
What do our Private Tours to the French Way include?
- Transportation to destination and return trip to Madrid included. Group of 2-8 people max.
- Privately owned vehicle used.
- Accomodation in the category chosen.
- First Day Informative meeting.
- Meals booked with your reservation.
- Option to choose your departure date.
- Luggage transportation (One suitcase per person per stage).
- Support Vehicle.
- Travel Insurance.
- Pilgrim Brochure with all the information needed about the trip and spots worth visiting.
- Tour Coordinator (Agency Staff).
- Pilgrim Credential.
Options of Accomodation:
- Private Hostels.
- Hotels, Guesthouses, typical Country Houses.
- Hotels with higher category, pazo (Galician stately House).
Additional Information about the French Way.
Our travel agency, will be in charge of every detail of your trip so you can fully enjoy the experience and reach your goal of arriving to Santiago de Compostela. This type of trip will be exclusive to closed groups. Because of this, you will have a really familiar and comfortable atmosphere. This type of tour, offers you the possibility to book other excursions during your trip (the mussels ship at O Grove, visit Lugo etc).
If you need any other information, please, let us know!