Discover the most important route of the Way where most of the old medieval itineraries come together. The French Way is the route that pilgrims from Central Europe used to travel to get to Santiago de Compostela. These pilgrims arrived to Spain through the Pyrenean Section of Roncesvalles. They used to cross the entire country from east to wast to reach Galician lands. Those who wish to cover the minimum necessary to receive the Compostela certificate (last 113km in 5 stages) start their Way from the town of Sarria, in Lugo.
St. James Way for Reduced Groups from Sarria
The French Way from Sarria is possibly the most outstanding section of the Saint James Way. This route becomes a real hive of activity that brings together thousands of people every year. On our group tour to the French Way we offer you the possibility of doing the trial in five stages, in a comfortable and affordable way and also we include an extra day at Santiago de Compostela.
These type of tours leave directly from Madrid. Just ask us if you need any information!
Itinerary and Stages:
- Day 1: group pickup in Madrid and arrival to Sarria.
- Day 2: stage 1, Sarria – Portomarín. 22 Km
- Day 3: stage 2, Portomarín – Palas de Rei. 24 Km
- Day 4: stage 3, Palas de Rei – Arzúa. 28Km
- Day 5: stage 4, Arzúa – O Pedrouzo. 20 Km
- Day 6: stage 5, O Pedrouzo – Santiago de Compostela. 19Km
- Day 7: Free day at Santiago.
- Day 8: Return Trip.
Total 113 Km. Average per day of 22,6 Km.
What do our Reduced Group Tours to the French Way include?
- Transportation to Sarria and return trip to Madrid included. Group of 6 people minimum.
- Privately owned vehicle used.
- Accomodation in the category chosen.
- First Day Informative meeting.
- Bed and Breakfast.
- Luggage transportation (One suitcase per person per stage).
- Support Vehicle.
- Extra Day at Santiago.
- Travel Insurance.
- Pilgrim Brochure with all the information needed about the trip and spots worth visiting.
- Tour Coordinator (Agency Staff).
- Pilgrim Credential.
Prices for Reduced Group Tours to the Frech Way 2021:
1) Private Hostel: 500 € / per person.
Shared room (multiple beds) with shared bathroom.
2) Hotels, Guesthouses, typical Country Houses: 854€ / per person in double room.
Suplement Individual Room: 180€
Services under extra charge:
- Half Board Pension (6 dinners): 90€ / per person.
- Full Board Pension (6 lunches and 6 dinners): 180€ / per person.
Available Dates for the French Way, 2024:
- We are working! Be patient!
Additional Information about the French Way:
This route concentrated all the pilgrim traffic that came from central Europe. The French Way was, during the Middel Ages and modern tomes, a first level economic and philosophical flow.
Those who whish to cover the minimum necessary to receive the Compostela Certificate start their way from the town of Sarria, walking the last 5 stages of this section.
We will book for you the best acomodation possible and you will have our support vehicle during the entire tour. Your decision is to choose if you want to live together with other pilgrims (hostels) or to be by yourself in a private room.
Groups of 6 people minimum.